Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Conversations with Jesus

I woke up this morning feeling sad and defeated.  The lies started last night:  I dont’ have enough followers on IG.  I’m not up to date on the latest social media trend.  My Youtube channel sucks.  My phone doesn’t have enough storage to do anything.  I need a decent camera to record good quality video.  I need residual income and have no clue where to even start with that.  My computer is too small.  I don’t blog enough because it’s so time consuming and it’s hard for me to put into words what is going on inside of me.  (And here is where most people give up.)

BUT 

You have called me to do GREAT things.  I feel it in my bones.  And I know in my heart that you have already equipped me to do these things.  I can look back and see how far you’ve brought me.  I don't know why I give those lies a second of my time or energy.  Forgive me when I doubt you.  Forgive me when I forget that you, the Creator of the Universe can’t move past the GB on my phone or the numbers of followers I have.  Forgive me for being impatient on our journey.  Thank you for reminding me of who you are and who I am in you.  Let's do this! (fist pumps the air) 

My prayer:
Give me words to eloquently and effectively convey what is in my heart.
Give me the discipline to manage my time to better my social media platforms.  

Scriptures to help me:
Hebrews 13:21 - May he equip you with all you need for doing his will.  May he produce in you, through the power of Jesus Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to him.  All glory to him forever and ever Amen!
Ephesians 2:10 - For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Jeremiah 32:27 - I am the Lord, God of all mankind; is anything too difficult for me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment